InnoVits, the non-profit enterprise accelerator born at MIP (the business school of the Politecnico di Milano), and Corner Stones, the investment vehicle born to support the industrial development of innovative technological and commercial solutions, create an innovation laboratory dedicated to the retail stores.
The entire retail value chain is at the heart of the scouting of innovative solutions that Corner Stones intends to develop and support right up to the Proof of Market stage.
We evaluate projects that have as their object
- logistics solutions (storage and handling)
- shelf goods management
- point of sale experience
- payment and billing
- CRM, data analysis
- loyalty programs
- customer experience
To support the development of one of these innovative projects, Corner Stones provides a non-repayable grant of €3,500 and a twenty-hour professional consulting start-up package (legal, commercial, communications agency).
A scientific committee, selected by the partners and composed of experienced managers of retail and large-scale distribution, will examine the applicant projects to identify the most concrete and promising proposal, according to the following criteria:
- Innovative potential: incremental/radical innovation
- Market attractivity: exclusivity, location, concreteness and size of the identified market
- Impact on stakeholders: ethical, social, environmental
Product/service development vs potential benefit to the customer
- Consistency of the business model and the value proposition in relation to the pain/need identified
- Maturity and adequacy of marketing and communication strategy
- Market tests carried out: Proof of concept vs Proof of Market
The selection process will include innovative projects at the Proof of Concept and/or Proof of Market stage, which are proposed by startups or SMEs and are innovative in the above-mentioned areas.
The call for ideas will be open from November 30th 2017, in conjunction with the Retail Forum (www.forumretail.com), to February 2nd 2018. The selection process will be completed by 27 February 2018, when the project with the highest potential will be selected.
Further details here.
- Mario Gasbarrino – CEO at Unes
- Roberto Lanzanova – CEO at Consulting Evolution Trade
- Andrea Monti – GD of CTM Altromercato
- Alessandro Revello – CEO of Dimar, Selex Gruppo Commerciale
- Giorgio Santambrogio – President of ADM.
Emotional Data Analytics and Intelligence able to capture and understand costumers’ emotions and behaviors and react in real time with tailored services and interactive spaces.
A seamless combination of Augmented Reality, fantasy characters and gaming techniques to help children overcome stress when facing medical procedures, surgeries, hospital stays.
A hardware and software platform connects existing vending machines to the internet and enables digital services, such as remote monitoring, mobile payments, mobile marketing and more in the pipeline.
Taggalo offers valuable metrics and insights to deliver increased sales revenues through better understanding and engagement with customers as part of the overall customer experience. Taggalo supports digital marketing campaigns and a connected omni-channel customer journey.
MyFoody provides supermarkets with food waste management and a trade marketing solutions. These consist of co-branded no waste areas where the about or to be wasted product are located and where to communicate commitment in reducing food waste.